Thursday, May 5, 2011

In honor of graduation being in 9 days and a ceremonial ending to this blog for class I decided to blog about the Graduation hat or mortarboard. It is described as this according to Wikipedia “The square academic cap, often called a mortarboard (because of its similarity in appearance to the hawk used by bricklayers to hold mortar) or Oxford cap, is an item of academic head dress consisting of a horizontal square board fixed upon a skull-cap, with a tassel attached to the center. In the UK and the US, it is commonly referred to informally in conjunction with an academic gown worn as a cap and gown. It is also often termed a square, trencher, or corner-cap in Australia. The adjective academicals is also used. In the US and UK, it is usually referred to more generically as a mortarboard, or (in the U.S.) simply cap.” Below are some fun examples of how people personalize their cap.


For Ariel...I totally think you should do this next year.

I kind of like this one.


I don't get what 1643 is for but I like it.

No idea....

I hope he is a design student.


  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

  2. I LOVE the mickey one and I deff will have one next December but I think my fave is the heart! :)