Sunday, February 20, 2011

Inspiring Imagination


While working on my concept for my project this semester my friend/person who deserves a lot of credit pointed out a project by Polyanna Paraskeva + Associates in the most recent edition of Interior Design Magazine, which gave me a great idea of where to go with my project. My project is all about inspiring a Childs imagination, to “think outside of the box.” This picture where Polyanna Paraskeva uses buckets and trashcans as light fixtures inspired me to come up with the concept.

I would like to come up with several ways to use things in unconventional ways. Such as a bucket for a light fixture, also this light fixture would be really fun for young students.

The overall project is amazing and I encourage you to check it out further because it really does an amazing job with scale, imagination and comfort of the end users. So for my concept of inspiring imagination this project did a great job inspiring me not just for my current project but for several projects in the future. Here are a few of the pictures from the project.



2 comments:

  1. I am absolutely IN LOVE with this space. I love the use of mixed materials and how it makes the space kid-friendly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This space is GREAT!! I love it. I wish that I went to a school that was designed like this...amazing!

    ReplyDelete